- March 26, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: Applications, EARSC News
Every year during our anniversary cocktail EARSC gives out EARSC Awards to companies in the Earth Observation sector in 4 different categories.
- The first and longest running award is the Company Award where we recognize the company considered in that year to have made a significant contribution to the development of the EO Services sector in Europe (applications open in mid April).
- The Product Award recognizes the most innovative commercial product which supports sustainable development projects including the implementation of the SDGs at national, regional and/or local levels, and the monitoring and reporting against the global indicator framework (deadline 30th of April).
- The Partnership Award is granted for an outstanding collaboration “from Research to Market” in public-private partnerships for the Copernicus user-uptake (deadline 30th of April).
- And the Start-up Award recognizes the company considered in that year to have made a significant impact and a new business model in the EO Services sector in Europe (applications open in mid April).
The awards’ results are usually announced during the EARSC EXPANDEO annual cocktail. Due to the current situation we could not guarantee the physical celebration though we will move it to a virtual-cocktail event. The winners will be announced on our website and social media and they will receive their gifts personally or by post.
This is your opportunity to follow in the steps of previous award winners and benefit from the prestige of winning an EARSC award! (see previous year’s press release)
The Awards will be judged by renowned international experts.
The previous winners are:
Company award: Planet Labs Germany
Product award: “Agriculture Index Insurance” by EARS
Partnership award: OrbitalEOS, SeaPulse, Valencia Univeristy & GoHub
Start-up award: Maptailor
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com