- July 20, 2023
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: EARSC News, Job offer
Are you passionate about Space? Do you want to have an impact?
You can join the unique trade association dedicated to promoting and advancing the field of Earth Observation.
Benefit from a flexible working environment in the heart of Europe, in a small and young pan-European team where your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected. Create value by working on projects to support the current and future use of space-based solutions in various markets interacting with data or service providers, user communities and policymakers. Develop your skills, learn new ones, shape your role in a fast-changing environment and build your network across Europe and abroad.
EARSC – the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies – is a non-profit trade association working on behalf of the geospatial information services industry in Europe representing 130+ companies. Composed of 9 people, the EARSC Secretariat is based in Brussels.
ABOUT THE ROLE
EARSC is looking for a Policy Officer to support the work of the Association and particularly to maintain the knowledge of, and contribut to, current legislative actions. The person will interact with the Earth Observation (EO) services industry as well as numerous stakeholders throughout Europe and worldwide. Based in Brussels, the person will work on EARSC Secretariat activities and ESA/EC-funded projects. The position requires flexibility and involves working in a small team.
There are significant possibilities to shape the job to suit the skills of the person recruited.
• Follow the various policies and activities of the European institutions which impact the EO services industry;
• Analyse the policies and provide papers which set out the impact on members of the Association and recommend actions to take;
• Maintain a dialogue with key stakeholders in the EC, EP, Council and the relevant agencies regarding the legislative actions;
• Organise workshops, meetings, and webinars with the objective to inform and to gather views of member companies;
• Prepare and publish material addressing members’ interests relative to policy (i.e. specific capabilities);
• Support projects with surveys and analyses
• Conduct space-related analysis, including concerning Industry developments (EARSC industry survey)
In addition, the successful candidate will be actively involved in:
• Representing the Association at meetings and international events.
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience in policy work, preferably in the space sector;
• Have experience in writing political and legal agreements, position papers;
• Very good knowledge of the European institutions;
• Knowledge of the EO sector and the policy context in which it operatesExcellent level of English both spoken and written.
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
• Knowledge of the use of Excel for analytic purposes and Microsoft Office in general;
• Knowledge of Green Deal-related policies;
• Evidence of creative thinking and innovation; taking initiative;
• Other languages.
The person will be employed through a consultancy contract or a 12 months employee contrat under Belgian law. Based on the profile, the contract could be extended at the end of the initial contract. The terms and conditions of the contract are negotiable.
Candidates are invited to submit their CV (2 page max.) together with a letter of motivation (1 page) to EARSC at firstname.lastname@example.org, using “POLICY OFFICER APPLICATION” as the subject and NAME.LASTNAME.pdf as the document’s format. Candidatures will be reviewed on a rolling-basis with an expected start on the 4th of September 2023. This call will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.