- June 8, 2023
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: EOcafe
Tuesday 13th of June 2023
This is a special edition of the EOcafe which will be streamed live from EXPANDEO 2023 on Tuesday, 13th of June at 17:00 instead of the usual Thursday at 16:00!!!
If Earth Observation has been demonstrated to be a formidable technique to support a wide range of real-world applications, the increasing amount of data and information derived from EO platforms has not yet been fully exploited by policymakers.
The Directorate-General for Climate Action (DG CLIMA) is leading European efforts to fight climate change at the EU and international level and, now -more than ever,- looking for integrating space-based solutions to help achieve the EU climate targets. With a combined action together with the Directorate- General Defence Industry and Space (DG DEFIS), the European Space Agency, the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts or the European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA), DG CLIMA is identifying how satellite-based innovative services can support evidence-based decision-making.
How can the Earth Observation (EO) sector, characterized by the fast-paced evolution of technology and the increase of data volume, contribute more efficiently to the twin transition?
In collaboration with the Commission and various stakeholders, the EO industry is looking forward to continuing a constant dialogue to put EO operational solutions at the service of EU efforts to fight climate change.
Mr Dusan Chrenek, Principal Adviser “Digital for the Green transition” at DG CLIMA, will discuss the role of Earth Observation for the European twin transition with our host Geoff Sawyer (EARSC Strategic Advisor and former Secretary General).
Join us online for this exceptional EOcafe from EXPANDEO!
Topics which could be addressed during this EOcafe include the following:
- What role do technologies and innovative services play in reaching the EU climate’s objectives?
- How is Earth Observation contributing to climate action?
- How will DestinE support climate neutrality objectives?
- How can EU policymakers make the best use of EO data and services?
- Which are the biggest challenges for the uptake of Earth Observation solutions in policies?
- In your view, how can the EO industry support further the Commission’s efforts?
Registration: The webinar is open to all. Registration is free but compulsory.
If you want to attend online more sessions of EXPANDEO, you can register SEPERATELY here!
Please note this is a virtual event!
EOcafe is part of a series of EARSC meetings that offer timely, relevant, and practical information on a broad variety of topics related to the EO sector. Join us every two weeks to discuss and network while enjoying a cup of coffee with friends.
- The use of a video camera is not mandatory but is encouraged to facilitate better interaction between the attendees and the guest speaker(s).
- The EOcafe will stay open after 17:00 in case our guests want to continue the discussion.
- By registering for this event, you accept the terms and conditions (https://earsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/EARSC_Events_GDPR.pdf).
If you have any questions, and/or you want to know more about the EOcafe, and/or you want to share an idea about a future EOcafe, please contact Natassa (email@example.com).