- August 4, 2022
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: EARSC News, Job offer
EARSC Communication and Membership Officer Job Description
Full time position, 40 hours per week
EARSC – the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies – is a non-profit trade association representing the Earth Observation services industry in Europe with 135+ SMEs, large and small companies. Composed of 11 people, the EARSC Secretariat is based in Brussels.
EARSC is looking for a Communications and Membership Officer to support the work of the Association. The person will interact with the Earth Observation services industry actors and stakeholders throughout Europe and worldwide. Based in Brussels, the person will work directly with the EARSC Secretariat and has to be flexible and motivated by participating in various and transverse activities. The Communication and Membership Officer will work closely together with the Multimedia Officer.
- Plan and implement communication strategy to promote the Association, its members and the value of Earth Observation data and services;
- Layout and write communication content on behalf of the organisation (annual reports, monthly reports, press releases, newsletters, media posts, daily emails to the members etc.);
- Support the Multimedia Officer with the content for social media of the association (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) on a daily basis;
- Support the Multimedia Officer with the digital tools of the association (EARSC websites, eoPAGES, eoMALL, Confluence etc.);
- Perform EARSC membership management including online and offline meetings with the EARSC members on a weekly basis;
- Lead the process of accepting new members from the beginning till the end (including the administrative and the communication part);
- Hold weekly welcome calls with the new members;
- Handle requests of the current members;
- Support EARSC Secretary General with administrative and financial tasks:
- Manage office operations (supplies, orders & deliveries, and be a contact point for the landlord and building management, incoming and outgoing correspondence, etc…)
- Support the Secretary General with the payroll and accounting tasks (invoices and requests for payments)
- Support EARSC Project Officers on event planning and communication activities (speakers, venue, catering, sponsorship, communication, social media etc.);
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Friendly, flexible and supportive communication style with colleagues, external contractors, members and partners;
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality;
- Motivated and creative with a strong sense of professionalism, prioritisation and initiative;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of WordPress, Adobe Suite, Canva, social media;
- Experience in photo editing and design with Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign, as well as video skills, audio editing etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat DC, Mailchimp, Hubspot
- Excellent level of English, both spoken and written;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications/Public Relations/Media;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in communication and/or digital marketing/public relations;
- Excellent content management skills with demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing digital communication campaigns;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Proven ability and desire to work in multicultural environments;
- Experience in membership/community management.
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the space or Earth Observation services domains;
- Experience working in membership associations;
- Knowledge of French or other languages;
- Other multimedia skills and knowledge (Podcast creation etc.);
The person will be employed through a consultancy contract as an independent or an employee under Belgian law. The terms and conditions of the contract are negotiable.
Candidates are invited to submit their CV with a motivation letter to EARSC at email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to undertake a written test.