- March 18, 2022
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: EOcafe
Launched in April 2021, the Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation (KCEO) is a European Commission initiative to maximise the policy uptake of products and information from Copernicus, the Earth Observation (EO) programme of the EU.
The KCEO is a focal point to help EU policymakers fully exploit the growing amount of EO data, products and applications by:
• assessing needs of EU policies and translating these into technical requirements for EO products and services
• analysing research needs and priorities for innovating EU Earth Observation programmes
• bringing together an active community of scientists, policymakers and specialists1
By providing in depth assessments of needs/priorities for Copernicus products and services and ensuring the EU Earth Observation programmes ‘efficient evolution informed by state-of-the-art science, the KCEO aims at enhancing Earth Observation uptake in EU policies and strengthening EU policy coherence.
Companies working with EO data are providing a rich and diverse range of services many of which are being supplied to public bodies. The KCEO’s activities are of major interest for our
industry as a means to increase the uptake of EO data and services..
Come and join us as our guest Mr Mark DOWELL (Lead European Commission Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation) will discuss with our host Geoff Sawyer (EARSC Strategic Advisor and former Secretary General) about the role and different activities of the Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation!
Questions which could be addressed during this EOcafe include the following:
• What is role of the KCEO?
• How is it structured?
• Which are the different communities that the KCEO is bringing together?
• How does the KCEO translate needs into technical requirements for policy-tailored products and services?
• What are the policy areas targeted by the KCEO to enhance Earth Observation uptake?
• How can the industry contribute to the KCEO’s activities?
Registration: The webinar is open to ALL but priority will be given to EARSC members. Registration is free but compulsory. Please click on the following link to register.
Please note this is a virtual event!
EOcafe is part of a series of EARSC meetings that offer timely, relevant, and practical information on a broad variety of topics related to the EO sector. Join us every two weeks to discuss and network while enjoying a cup of coffee with friends.
• The use of a video camera is not mandatory but encouraged to facilitate better interaction among the attendees and the guest speaker(s).
• The EOcafe will stay open after 17:00 in case our guests want to continue the discussion.
• By registering for this event, you accept the terms and conditions (https://earsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/EARSC_Events_GDPR.pdf).
If you have any questions, and/or you want to know more about the EOcafe, and/or you want to share an idea about a future EOcafe, please contact Delphine Delphine.Miramont@earsc.org