- December 16, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: EARSC News, Job offer
The European Association of Remote Sensing Companies (EARSC) seeks a Project Officer to assist in its mission to promote the European EO Services Industry. The Project Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Secretary General and in close co-operation with others working for EARSC. The initial duration of the contract is 12 months and can be extended.
The Project Officer will work in a team where assignments will be allocated according to overall workload at the time. For this flexible working approach, the Project Officer will be supported as necessary. The main tasks identified at the signature of this contract are described below. The Project Officer will be expected to attend meetings at the request of the Secretary General and to report on them to the EARSC secretariat, the board and /or the members as is appropriate.
The main tasks of the role are shown below, which will be complemented by other tasks as instructed by the EARSC Secretary General to best achieve EARSC’s key goals.
- Leading the community management of a Horizon 2020 project Harmonia (http://harmonia-project.eu) providing tools to predict Climate Change effects on Urban Areas: –
- Organize workshops, seminars and other communication activities
- Social media promotion and website management
- Report on your activities to project leaders
- Research on various issues and write short reports
- Supporting EARSC activities in other projects especially FIRE (https://fire-forum.eu ) which involve engagement with a wider community of actors. The activity can include organisation of dedicated workshops and communication with EARSC member companies with respect to these projects.
- Representing EARSC in meetings/workshop related to the key projects and/or to present the EARSC mission and activities. This can include meetings and presentations to stakeholders in the EC and other institutions.
- Developing policy messages through discussion with members and with key stakeholders notably the EC, EP and EU but including other Associations and EARSC partners and communicating on these messages to key stakeholders with the support of the EARSC Communications Officer.
We are a team of young and dynamic interest representatives offering a place to grow and various opportunities to shape your career together with your colleagues. We take pride in helping our members and contributing to crucial policy issues such as the twin digital and green transition. Using your strong organisational and analytical skills, you’ll be a trusted team member on direct contact with high-level organisations.
Do you want to become part of our Team? Send your resume and motivation letter in English with the reference “EARSC Project Officer” to the following email: email@example.com not later than 31/12/2021.
Expected start is January 2022.