- November 30, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: EOcafe
Thursday 2nd of December 2021
EuroGEO is Europe’s contribution to the Group on Earth Observations (GEO). EuroGEO intends to make a significant input to the implementation of GEOSS and to foster GEOSS uptake by users in Europe. In doing so, EuroGEO wishes to enable Europe to position itself as a global force in Earth observation thanks to the vast knowledge gained through running the Copernicus programme.
EuroGEO builds upon networks and promotes further incubation and scaling-up of the most promising user-driven applications. As stated in the EuroGEO Implementation Plan (2020-2022), “the ambition to foster the European user dimension in the process of scaling-up existing multi-disciplinary pilot applications” is at the heart of the initiative. European funded projects such as e-Shape and PARSEC are contributing to this endeavor.
The annual EuroGEO workshop brings together European players interested in and actively contributing to the Global Earth Observations System of Systems (GEOSS). Overall, the event helps shaping further the development of the EuroGEO initiative. The 2021 edition was focused on “Environmental Observations based solutions to support the EU Green Deal”. In the context of the sustainable climate transition, EuroGEO’s workshop had a triple objective: to look for synergies across projects and initiatives, to offer networking opportunities and to discuss how Europe can contribute to the international effort.
By bringing many different Earth Observation stakeholders together and contributing to the international GEO community, the EuroGEO initiative delivers numerous benefits. Our EOcafe will explore the different strands of EuroGEO and provide an overview of the current and future activities and opportunities.
Our host Geoff Sawyer (EARSC Strategic Advisor and former Secretary General) will discuss with Mr Jean Dusart (Head of Sector, DG RTD, European Commission).
Topics which could be addressed during this EOcafe include the following:
- What will be the upcoming challenges of EuroGEO?
- What was the outcome of the 2021 EuroGEO Workshop?
- What are the current activities of EuroGEO?
- What are the pilot applications?
- How can the industry be more involved in EuroGEO?
- How can EuroGEO support the EO-based solutions to contribute to the Green Deal?
Registration: The webinar is open to ALL but priority will be given to EARSC members. Registration is free but compulsory. Please click on the following link to register.
Please note this is a virtual event!
EOcafe is part of a series of EARSC meetings that offer timely, relevant, and practical information on a broad variety of topics related to the EO sector. Join us every two weeks to discuss and network while enjoying a cup of coffee with friends.
- The use of a video camera is not mandatory but encouraged to facilitate better interaction among the attendees and the guest speaker(s).
- The EOcafe will stay open after 17:00 in case our guests want to continue the discussion.
- By registering for this event, you accept the terms and conditions (https://earsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/EARSC_Events_GDPR.pdf).
If you have any questions, and/or you want to know more about the EOcafe, and/or you want to share an idea about a future EOcafe, please contact Delphine (Delphine.Miramont@earsc.org).