- August 31, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: Job offer, Members News
Space4Good provides meaningful geospatial insights for impact makers on earth through
collaboration and open innovation. We are a group of impact-driven environmental engineers,
geographic information experts and remote sensing specialists with the goal of contributing to the
17 UN Sustainability Goals.
We are doing this by delivering consultancy, bespoke project work and automated applications to
like-minded and like-hearted public and private organizations requiring our help in making
data-driven decisions with the help of satellites, planes, drones as well as other geodata sources.
This is your chance to be part of it! We are in the exciting phase of growing our social enterprise
and are looking for talented change-makers to join our team.
Roles & Responsibilities
We started collaborating with many exciting organisations such as Amnesty International,
Rabobank, the World Bank Group, X-Prize as well as many smaller social enterprises which require
both your expertise in remote sensing and project management. As such you will be strengthening
our team along the whole project life cycle from initial meetings with new partners to identify
important requirements, quick-scans, project organisation, management and delivery.
Your responsibilities will be both organisational and operational. Together with your other team
members you will plan, develop and implement geospatial solutions working in exciting sectors
such as restorative agriculture, nature conservation, peace & justice as well as humanitarian aid.
We are looking for somebody who has:
● +3 years of professional experience in remote sensing, GIS and project management
● Expertise with agroforestry, nature conservation and/or restorative agriculture
● Preferably programming skills in Python or R as well as applied knowledge of LIDAR
● Fluent in English
● Available on a full-time basis working mostly from our office in The Hague
● Good problem-solving skills with a strong hands-on and can-do attitude
● Ability to work independently and among diverse team members
● Great passion for social & environmental impact!
In return we want to offer you this unique opportunity of professional and personal development
while tackling the most pressing issues of our environment and society! Sounds like your dream
Tell us why and attach your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org