- August 31, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: EARSC News, EOcafe
The EU Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA)
Thursday 9th of September 2021, 16:00-16:45 CEST
Set in the EU Space Programme regulation, EUSPA’s mission is to be the user-oriented operational Agency of the EU Space Programme. Building on the legacy of the European GNSS Agency, the EU Agency for the Space Programme’s overall objective is to promote innovation-based growth and to improve the security and safety of the European Union. The creation of the Agency also fulfils the objective to align the Space Programme’s objectives with EU priorities and contribute to the achievement of major EU policies such as the Green Deal or the Digital Strategy.
Among its various responsibilities, EUSPA will foster the development of a competitive and innovative downstream industry for Galileo, EGNOS and Copernicus. In its previous role as the GSA, one of the Agency’s mission was to maximise the adoption of European GNSS across user markets segments. With extended responsibilities, EUSPA will now support the development of downstream markets based on Galileo, EGNOS and Copernicus by leveraging synergies between the different Space Programme components, especially navigation, earth observation and telecommunications.
The Agency will also leverage funding mechanisms, such as Horizon Europe or Cassini, creating more opportunities for companies and fostering competitiveness and innovation in the space sector.
As a key contributor of the EU Space programme with new missions under Copernicus, the agency will be an important partner for the Earth Observation industry and EARSC in the future.
Join us in the EOcafe to hear more about the new missions of EUSPA and understand how it will contribute to support the EO downstream services industry!
Our host Geoff Sawyer (EARSC Strategic Advisor and former Secretary General) will discuss with Rodrigo Da Costa (Executive Director of EUSPA).
Topics which could be addressed during this EOcafe include the following:
- What will be the role of the new EUSPA? What is your vision for the agency?
- How will the EUSPA’s previous role with Galileo relate to its future activities with Copernicus?
- Considering that the EO services industry differs from the positioning systems markets, what are the possible synergies between both?
- How will you leverage Horizon Europe or other funding mechanisms?
- What measures/actions could be implemented to support the EO downstream services industry sector?
Registration: The webinar is open to ALL but priority will be given to EARSC members. Registration is free but compulsory. Please click on the following link to register.
Please note this is a virtual event!
EOcafe is part of a series of EARSC meetings that offer timely, relevant, and practical information on a broad variety of topics related to the EO sector. Join us every two weeks to discuss and network while enjoying a cup of coffee with friends.
- The use of a video camera is not mandatory but encouraged to facilitate better interaction among the attendees and the guest speaker(s).
- The EOcafe will stay open after 17:00 in case our guests want to continue the discussion.
- By registering for this event, you accept the terms and conditions (https://earsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/EARSC_Events_GDPR.pdf).
If you have any questions, and/or you want to know more about the EOcafe, and/or you want to share an idea about a future EOcafe, please contact Delphine (Delphine.Miramont@earsc.org).