- July 30, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: Job offer, Members News
The Icon Group is an interdisciplinary geoscience company. We specialise in Earth
Observation, Environmental Monitoring, GIS and Spatial Data Analytics. We are a European
leader of earth imaging services and are Ireland’s largest processor of optical and image
For over a quarter of a century, our bespoke approach has provided insight and assurance
to commercial and governmental agencies and institutions across Europe. We employ over
50 full-time geoscientists with a focus on excellence in our work. We provide, interpret, and
manage location-based data and imagery, offering answers in support of:
● Land Use and Cover determination
● Yield Projection
● Machine Learned Object Inventories
● Image interpretation and Analysis
● Vector based route optimisation for road transport
The successful Bid Manager will work closely with the Directors and be responsible for bids
and tenders put out by the company in the coming months.
● Take the lead role in managing tender applications.
● Forecasting tenders
● To support various business leaders in collating information that is of a consistently
high standard and protects or enhances the company’s brand (Prequalification & Bid
● To respond to non-technical questions, and proofread / edit all content, providing
feedback to writers as required.
● To oversee bid production programmes and individual writing plans for high priority
● To ensure effective coordination and timely management of all tender related activity
& tender responses.
● To improve the quality of tender submissions by running various publishing exercises
that adds value to the overall look and feel of tender submissions and supports
general business unit requirements.
● Compliance with company systems and processes with respect to bid proposals.
● Must be from a background with relevant operations experience and tender writing
● Clear and concise communicator with an aptitude for problem solving and thinking
outside the box.
● Talented in the presentation of technical content and proficient in the use of
copywriting presentation software.
● Able to work accurately and efficiently while managing owns time to meet critical
Minimum degree level qualification in related discipline.
● An understanding of the bid process.
● Previous experience with tender applications
● Fluent in English, CEFR minimum level C1
● Technical writing skills
● Organisational skills
● Time management skills
● Experience/ ability to manage a team
○ Delegate work to others
● Background in EO/GIS or related industry is a plus
● Experience with national/European scale tenders
Salary expectations will be discussed at interview stage
Annual Leave: 20 days per annum.
● 6 month probation period.
● Two week notice period.