- July 12, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: Job offer, Members News
The Icon Group is an interdisciplinary geoscience company. We specialise in Earth Observation,
Environmental Monitoring, GIS and Spatial Data Analytics. We are a European leader of earth
imaging services and are Ireland’s largest processor of optical and image data.
For over a quarter of a century, our bespoke approach has provided insight and assurance to
commercial and governmental agencies and institutions across Europe. We employ over 50 full-time
geoscientists with a focus on excellence in our work. We provide, interpret, and manage
location-based data and imagery, offering answers in support of:
● Land Use and Cover determination
● Yield Projection
● Machine Learned Object Inventories
● Image interpretation and Analysis
● Vector based route optimisation for road transport
We seek an experienced GIS developer to join our team and play a leading role in the maintenance and
development of our bespoke GIS applications.
● Maintain and support existing bespoke desktop GIS application and implement further
development as required.
● Develop new GIS web-based applications and maintain and enhance existing.
● Provide web based reports
● Spatial data management and Oracle database management.
● Install configure and monitor Icon’s GIS software
● Create , modify, and maintain custom scripts and routines for GIS processes automation
● Provide technical support to end users and track and resolve issues using jira based
● At least 3 years of experience developing web and desktop GIS applications
● Third level or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Geographical Information Systems or
● Experience developing GIS solutions using Visual Basic, ASP.NET (or other oo
languages) and mapping SDKs including experience in using Visual Studio.
● 5+years experience in GIS & spatial analysis.
● Strong SQL skills and experience with Oracle Spatial.
● Strong knowledge of GIS tools especially FME, QGIS.
● Strong written and communication tools
● Ability to adapt to a fast paced development schedule.
● Fluent in English
Full time – Mid-Senior level
● Earth Observation / GIS