- June 21, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: Members News
Our member CloudFerro, the operator of CREODIAS.eu platform, invites you to attend a unique webinar on Wednesday June 23rd about the future of EO data dissemination systems.
We all have ambitious goals related to digital transformation, climate protection and running a more sustainable economy in various market sectors. Earth Observation plays a key role in producing data and solutions for observing, analysing, and simulating complex interrelated processes that enable higher efficiency. New satellite constellations with high resolution instruments enable more precise analysis and forecasts. At the same time, they require more efficient and reliable technologies, including next generation cloud computing to acquire, store, process and disseminate exponentially growing volumes of EO data.
During the webinar, CloudFerro and invited experts will present trends and challenges related to large-scale EO data dissemination systems, Copernicus programme and future directions for Europe. You will also learn about various use cases showing user perspective, needs and requirements for this type of solutions. Together with our guests we will share the best practices and lessons learned from delivering, operating, maintaining and exploiting large-scale EO data platforms and discuss possible ways of increasing efficiency.
WHEN: Wednesday, 23 June, 14.00 – 15.00 CET
Learn more and register under this link
1. Challenges facing large-scale EO data dissemination systems – Stanislaw Dalek, CTO CloudFerro
2. European Copernicus programme facing big data dissemination challenges – current situation and trends – Daniel Quintart, Legal Expert, DG Grow, European Commission
3. Best practices and lessons learned from delivering and operating large-scale platforms for EO data dissemination – Stanislaw Dalek, CTO CloudFerro
4. Earth Observation Science in a Big Earth data era: Challenges and opportunities for scientists and end users – Prof. Dr. Thomas Blaschke, University of Salzburg, Department of Geoinformatics
5. Conclusions and Q&A session – Stanislaw Dalek, CTO CloudFerro
DURING THE WEBINAR YOU WILL LEARN:
- trends and challenges related to large-scale EO data dissemination systems, Copernicus programme and future directions for Europe.
- various use cases showing user perspective, needs and requirements for this type of solutions.
- best practices and lessons learned from delivering, operating, maintaining and exploiting large-scale EO data platforms
- ways of increasing efficiency of EO solutions
Join the webinar if you represent: national space agencies, sponsors of Earth Observation platform projects, institutions of public administration, research & science and commercial sectors who build and make a professional use of EO data.
You can’t miss it! Register today: link