- April 28, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: European EO Industry, Job offer, Members News
As a part of VITO, an independent leading research and service center, VITO Remote Sensing offers Earth observation expertise, data and services, and tailor-made image processing solutions to provide insights for public and private organizations, and for a wide range of applications including agriculture, land use / land cover, water & coast, climate, security and infrastructure. Remote Sensing, a key enabler in our space economy!
VITO Remote Sensing doesn’t only observe the world, it’s also very much a part of it. From Belgium to Europe over China or Africa, our team serves an expansive network of customers and partners. We offer Earth Observation solutions for more than 80 national and international partners and customers, active in more than 115 countries.
With more than 25 years in using satellite, aerial and drone imagery in an agricultural context, we’ve seen the agricultural sector change over the last decades. The ever-increasingly availability of data enables us to develop user-friendly platforms, and provide analysis-ready information able to support the decision-making process for various agricultural purposes. Click here to discover more our services for the agricultural sector in a broad sense.
You will be full time employed as an R&D expert & project manager in projects related to monitoring of agricultural resources. These will be projects for institutional clients like the European Commission, the European Space Agency, or the UN-FAO, but also for commercial clients active in the agro-food industry.
- You act with a high degree of independency and in in close collaboration with your internal and external team members.
- You report on the progress of your work to the team leader of the VITO agriculture team. Outside VITO you will communicate on your work in meetings with clients or partners.
- You operate in an international setting and take initiative to liaise with project partners of different consortia.
- Next to the running projects you search for new projects, establish strong partnerships and compile proposals/offers.
- As a scientist there is an opportunity to develop big data skills and integrated analysis combining different spatio-temporal datasets stemming from remote sensing, GIS and agricultural statistics.
- As a project manager there is the opportunity to grow as a project leader of large international projects.
- You have a Master or PhD degree related to bioscience engineering, agronomy or environmental sciences;
- You are an expert with a strong interest & possibly expertise in project management.
- Expertise in remote sensing, geo-information systems, statistics and modelling; possibly also in agro-meteorology or bio-climatology;
- Sound programming skills in R or Python;
- Prior expertise in agriculture and/or rural development will be an asset;
- Good communication skills with project partners, end-users and stakeholders are essential.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English as proven by a publication record;
- Strong interest and/or expertise in managing scientific projects and partnerships;
- A competitive salary
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package
- Flexible working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level
Location: Mol (head office), Antwerp (satellite office), home office Apply via: https://vito.be/en/jobs/rd-expert-project-manager-remote-sensing