- April 28, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: European EO Industry, Job offer, Members News
As a part of VITO, an independent leading research and service center, VITO Remote Sensing offers Earth observation expertise, data and services, and tailor-made image processing solutions to provide insights for public and private organizations, and for a wide range of applications including agriculture, land use / land cover, water & coast, climate, security and infrastructure. Remote Sensing, a key enabler in our space economy!
VITO Remote Sensing doesn’t only observe the world, it’s also very much a part of it. From Belgium to Europe over China or Africa, our team serves an expansive network of customers and partners. We offer Earth Observation solutions for more than 80 national and international partners and customers, active in more than 115 countries.
We process petabytes of Earth Observation data and specialize in the extraction of information from the vast amounts of incoming images. We help our customers and partners to make the best use possible out of Copernicus or other Earth observation data. VITO Remote Sensing is the assigned Copernicus collaborative ground segment entity for Belgium (Terrascope) and also a proud member of Copernicus Relay and Copernicus Academy.
Discover more about our activities on our VITO Remote sensing blog blog.vito.be/remotesensing or follow us via Twitter at https://twitter.com/VITO_RS_
As a dynamic and highly motivated Project Manager you will manage international projects with the European Commission and the European Space Agency as most important stakeholders.
You are the driver in an ecosystem of remote sensing data and platforms and ensure project execution from proposal to final review meeting. You work within a team of software developers and operation engineers. Together with the team you translate the project requirements in an efficient and operational service. You scan the market for opportunities to contribute to and to execute the internal vision and roadmap on Copernicus services.
Project management in its broad context: Responsible for tasks, deliverables, risk assessment and mitigation, project administration, documentation within time and within budget. This in close cooperation with international partner companies and institutions. Reporting towards management and customers.
- Representation of your project portfolio on international, mostly scientific conferences
- Translation of project opportunities to actual proposals.
- Planning of necessary resources including subcontractors
- Keep track of a strong user-oriented approach
- Team coaching: setting project strategy and keeping the team aligned to the goal and vision
- Continuous improvement in the project and IT development processes
- Stay on the leading edge of the evolving remote sensing and IT world
- Master degree/Phd in Industrial Engineering, ICT or Bio Engineer
- Experience with remote sensing or Copernicusdata
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project management in an international context
- Understanding of big data ecosystems: Public cloud and cluster computing
- Understanding geospatial data-analysis: data science, GIS and algorithm development in Python, C/C++, Java is a plus
- Experience of working within a context of European Commission, EEA, ESA or Copernicus services
- Knowledge of agile development principles and having a DevOps mindset is an asset
- Excellent command of English
- Management skills in interdisciplinary and international scientific teams
- Proven reporting, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in project acquisition and supporting proposal management is a nice to have
- Autonomous and self-responsible working as well as team working skills
- Optimal homeworking for non-workplace functions during COVID19
- A competitive salary
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package
- Flexible working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level
Location: flexible workplace – Mol (head office), Antwerp (satellite office) and homework
Apply via: https://vito.be/en/jobs/copernicus-data-project-manager