- January 19, 2021
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: Members News
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for an Earth Observation Scientist with a background in Physical Oceanography to join our expanding team.
You will be working as part of the Earth Observation team, with a focus on EO marine data products. At present we are developing a number of marine EO data products for a range of Clients, ranging from state agencies to private companies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skillset Required:
- A degree (or equivalent) in oceanography, GIS, Physics or similar;
- 3-5 years’ experience (academic/industrial or both) working with EO data;
- Experience with Python, R, Matlab or similar for satellite data processing and competence in use of current EO software (i.e. SNAP, QGIS/ArcGIS);
- Good communicator, with an ability to communicate successfully to a variety of audiences;
- Possess high level writing skills, be able to prepare and deliver client report, and assist in proposal development;
- Effective team player;
- An ability to meet strict project deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Developing metocean products and services combining satellite data and in-situ data.
- Oceanographic (satellite) data processing across on-going projects.
- Working with end-users and customers to understand product and service requirements.
- Assisting in the delivery of projects within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Assisting in preparing proposals for new projects/services and research proposals
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and willing to travel for projects. Remote work during Covid-19 restrictions will be implemented.
Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to Charlotte O’Kelly, by email: email@example.com.
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.