- November 19, 2020
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: EARSC News
EARSC – the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies – is a non-profit trade association working on behalf of the geospatial information services industry in Europe representing 120+ companies. Composed of 12 people, the EARSC Secretariat is based in Brussels.
EARSC is looking for a Junior Policy Officer to support the work of the Association and particularly to support the EARSC Secretariat maintain their knowledge of current legislative actions. The person will interact with the EO services industry as well as many stakeholders throughout Europe and worldwide. Based in Brussels, the person will work with the EARSC Secretariat and has to be flexible and motivated by participating to various and transverse activities.
There are significant possibilities to shape the job to suit the skills of the person recruited.
- To follow the various policies and activities of the European institutions which impact on the EO services industry;
- Analyse the policies and provide papers which set out the impact on members of the Association and recommending actions to take;
- Maintain a dialogue with key stakeholders in the EC, EP, Council and the relevant agencies regarding the legislative actions;
- Organise workshops, meetings, webinars with the objective to inform and to gather views of member companies;
- Prepare and publish material addressing members interests relative to policy (i.e. specific capabilities);
- Support projects with surveys and analyses (for example biennial EARSC industry survey, internationalisation, etc.).
In addition, the successful candidate will be actively involved in:
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts with EU officials in the European Commission and the Parliament and related organisations;
- Representing the Association at meetings and international events.
- A knowledge of the European institutions;
- Knowledge of the EO sector and the policy context in which it operates;
- Excellent level of English both spoken and written.
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the use of Excel for analytic purposes and Microsoft Office in general;
- Evidence of creative thinking and innovation; taking initiatives;
- Other languages.
The person will be employed through a consultancy contract as an independant or a 6 months employee under Belgian law. Based on the profile, the contract could be extended at the end of the 6 months. The terms and conditions of the contract are negotiable.
Candidates are invited to submit their CV together with a letter of motivation to EARSC at email@example.com before the 2nd of December, 2020.