- October 21, 2020
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: EARSC News, European EO Industry
e-shape has welcomed during the annual General Assembly from 19-21 October 2020, the 5 new pilots of the Call for EO-based products 2020 that will join the e-shape consortium expanding the EuroGEO community.
To bring new needs, the latest advances in the EO domain and ideas into the project and ensuring e-shape’s methodology can be deployed operationally across domains and applications, the e-shape General Assembly concluded a successful Onboarding process. 34 applications from private entities, research institutes, and academia from all Europe and beyond, showcasing added-value and on-the-edge services to foster the awareness of EU Earth Observation capabilities were received.
“The amount of applications received shows the great interest to develop and raise awareness on the European EO capabilities, by delivering EO-based benefits to users and supporting the EuroGEO vision. This testifies the strong willingness of all these entities to cooperate and showcase the strengths and the tremendous contributions of Europe for and with users”, said Emmanuel Pajot, EARSC Secretary General.
The 5 new pilots are and are led by:
- Riscognition GmBH: Linking EO and Farm IoT for Automated Decision Support (Showcase Agriculture)
- NASU-SSAU: SDGs indicators assessment service (2.4.1 and 15.3.1) (Showcase Agriculture)
- Water Insight B.V: EO based phytoplankton biomass for WFD reporting (Showcase Water)
- Planetek: Rheticus® AquaculturePlus (Showcase Water)
- DHI GRAS A/S: WindSight – First class input data for wind energy models (Showcase Energy) The new onboarded pilots will be integrated in the e-shape consortium and benefit from e-shape project support including co-design methodologies, deployment support, users’ uptake, capacity building & liaison, sustainability & upscaling, communication, dissemination & Help Desk.
e-shape (EuroGEO Showcases: Applications Powered by Europe) is a project coordinated by ARMINES, launched on May 2019. e-shape develops and promotes European Earth Observation capabilities with and for the users. By leveraging Copernicus, e-shape opens new opportunities to develop and expand its use, through existing European capacities, and develop research to business activities.
Contact us https://helpdesk.e-shape.eu/
LinkedIn: e-shape project (linkedin.com/in/e-shape-project-072977185)
e-shape project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement 82085.