- October 14, 2020
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: EARSC News
“According to our 2019 Industry Survey, 80% of the respondents are finding it difficult to find and hire candidates making staffing one of the highest barriers to growth for EO companies”
The sector is developing dynamically and rapidly, which results in an increased demand for qualified personnel. A skilled and educated workforce will enable the sector to attract high value, innovative and knowledge-based businesses and adapt more readily to the challenging technological environment and the societal developments that the EO/GI sector is experimenting with. As access to skills is becoming an increasing issue in the sector, EARSC is a leading member of the EO4GEO project, a multi-disciplinary group from industry, academia and policy makers, is seeking to create a Sector Skills Alliance to help overcome these difficulties. It will help academia understand what courses and curricula should be promoted and for the industry to help find good candidates providing them a fulfilling work environment including workforce training for upskilling to strengthening sustainable competitiveness and building resilience to react to new business models.
In this context, the EO4GEO project has developed a series of tools, that will be released by mid-October, addressing some of the main issues of every actor in the sector.
If you want to know more about these tools and learn more about EO4GEO’s work regarding workforce and employment in the sector, please join us on October 22, 2020, at 16:00-16:45 (CEST).
In this EOcafe we will discuss all together the following:
- What is the current state of skills in Europe?
- Who are the current technologies trends affecting Skills in the sector?
- How are the tools introduced are different from existing tools? What is their added value to the sector?
- How can companies benefit from the Occupational profile tool and the Job offer tool?
- How the sector is prepared to join an Skills Alliance for delivering on the ambitions of the recovery pathway, the EU Industrial Strategy and the green and digital transition?
Our host, Geoff SAWYER, EARSC’s Strategic Advisor and former Secretary General will exchange with three special guests:
- Sven Casteleyn, post-doctoral researcher at the GEOTEC lab, Universitat Jaume I, Castellon, Spain
- Giacomo Martirano, Chief Technical Officer at Epsilon Italia
- Massimo Zotti, Head of Government & Security SBU at Planetek Italia
Registration: This webinar is open to ALL but priority will be given to EARSC members. Registration is free but compulsory. Please click on the following link to register by the 22nd of October at 11:00 (CEST)
Please note this is a virtual event! The details will be sent on Thursday 22nd of October by noon.
EOcafe is part of a series of EARSC meetings that offer timely, relevant, and practical information on a broad variety of topics related to the EO sector. Join us every two weeks to discuss and network while enjoying a cup of coffee with friends.
If you have any questions or you want to know more about the EOcafes please contact Natassa (Natassa.email@example.com).