- May 1, 2017
- Posted by: EARSC
- Category: EARSC News
Following the great success of previous years, EARSC is pleased to announce the 2017 European EO Services Company Achievement award.
The name of the winner will be revealed at the EARSC cocktail in the evening of July 04th in Brussels, the day preceding our General Assembly Meeting.
Nominations for the award will be made by EARSC members and the winner will be selected by an international, independent jury comprised of recognised experts. The candidates will be judged against the following criteria:
- Has successfully developed EO services for a target market (sector or geographic)
- Has made a strong contribution to a defining European programme (eg. Copernicus, Inspire, ESA projects, etc)
- Has exhibited good revenue and/or employment growth.
All EARSC members are invited to nominate companies for the award; you may (are encouraged to) nominate yourselves but you must also nominate another company ie make 2 nominations. Each nomination MAY be accompanied by a single-sentence “We nominate xyz because the merits are….”, which may be used to inform companies casting their vote. All companies nominated will then go into a vote by all EARSC members so that the finalists for the award will have been selected by their peers. This step will demonstrate that the finalists are all respected by their partners and competitors.
The top five companies voted by the members will then be asked to provide a short justification against each of the criteria described above as to why they should be considered for the EARSC European EO Services Company award. The 5 files will be judged by the jury to select the overall winner.
Nominations must be received by noon on 21st May
- On 22nd May, a second mail will be sent to companies with a list of all those which have been validly nominated and inviting each company to vote for 2 from the list. All votes will remain confidential to the EARSC secretariat. The deadline for voting will be 04th June
- On 05th June, a mail will be sent to the 5 finalists, informing them of their nomination by their peers and asking them to provide the short justification on which the jury will base their decision. Close to ten days will be allowed for them to respond; a deadline of 15th June
- The award will be presented to the winning company before a distinguished audience of industrialists and institutional stakeholders on 04th July at the EARSC cocktail event in Brussels.