1) Partnerships: partnerships should include at least one academic European institution and at least one European company (entries open to Copernicus Academy and EO service companies, collaboration is an asset). Ideally it should show value creation for participants (i.e. collaboration has potential for scaling up through the technology readiness levels (TRL), business growth, new markets, export opportunities or incorporating new concepts in the research/academy)
2) Forward thinking cooperation: demonstrated forward thinking cooperation bringing research product into operational procedures (i.e, validated methodology from research & innovation to commercialisation)
3) Sound sustainability plan: sustainability plan supporting the “must go beyond financial support” (i.e, validated sustainability approach aspects: technical, financial, legal, organizational, operational and scheduling)
4) Internal procedures of engagement: basis of evidence for successful R&D/ industry partnership incorporating the case into an institution’s planning and goal-setting processes (i.e, validated internal procedures of engagement, seek to extend partnerships)
5) Awareness and outreach purposes: contribution to the overall advancement of teaching and learning of EO concepts (i.e, validating how to present and communicate the case for awareness and outreach purposes, building the awareness of collaboration practices)
Examples of possible contributions include identifying ideas, providing leadership by, and exhibiting communicative enthusiasm between communities from Academia/industry in forging a path forward in an area which impacts R&I towards commercialization of Copernicus services.
The competition will run until 31st May 2019 during which time partnership candidates may adapt an existing partnership concept, develop a new one or simply promote one they have already exploited. Partnership teams will be asked to provide a short summary (report should not exceed 2 full pages) which will be used as statement for the jury and they should apply as Title: [Partnership Award: Name] to info_at_earsc.org
Application & Timeline
Application will consist in aprox 2 pages providing information on the criteria: 1) partnerships 2) forward thinking cooperation 3) sound sustainability plan 4) internal procedures of engagement 5) awareness and outreach purposes. Other information including graphics, testimonials, etc could also complement the application. Template Partnership Award 2019.pdf
- Deadline entries: 31st May 2019
- Selection: files will be judged to select the overall winner (early June 2019)
- Announcement: EARSC cocktail & AGM 2019 (June 20th 2019, Brussels)
- Information: info_at_earsc.org
The Jury Partnership 2019 will be composed by CopHubAC academia and SME partners, ESA, EC and Industry experts.