- August 4, 2023
- Posted by: EARSC
- Categories: EARSC News, Job offer
Headquartered in the heart of Bavaria, GAF is a leading international provider of cutting-edge Earth Observationbased geo-information solutions for German, European and international customers. With our broad portfolio of operational satellite-based applications, our dynamic culture of young and experienced colleagues in multi-national
interdisciplinary teams and our flexible working models, GAF is one of the most attractive employers in this domain.
For upcoming state-of-the-art projects with European-level customers, we are now seeking to further strengthen our team by adding a motivated and committed
Senior Project Manager Earth Observation with experience in successfully managing complex interdisciplinary projects in the Earth Observation domain.
These will be your tasks:
• Managing a team of thematic experts and project partners from various domains (satellite data, image processing, platform and software development, etc.) in compliance with the project work plan, schedule, quality standards and budget
• Acting as the main interface for organisational and reporting aspects with the customer, ensuring that both customer needs and project team requirements are well understood and implemented in a balanced way
• Coordinating information flows with supporting units (such as image processing, technical development, contractual/legal, financial, ICT), and ensuring seamless collaboration between all project tasks / work packages
• Identifying risks, issues and deviations, and coordinating the respective mitigation actions
• Contributing to project progress reporting and documentation, and presenting project results to the customer and to international audiences (e.g. at conferences, symposia)
The experience you bring:
✓ University degree (MSc) in a relevant subject, e.g. Geography, Environmental-/Geo-Sciences, Remote Sensing, or similar
✓ 10+ years of relevant professional experience, particularly including management of operational Earth Observation / remote sensing projects, comprising team coordination, and progress and quality management
✓ Ability to lead a team of international project partners and work with the customer in a trusting way
✓ Familiarity with EC/ESA/Copernicus data, projects and institutions as well as associated implementation, scheduling and reporting obligations
✓ State-of-the-art knowledge of remote sensing data and image processing, and cloud and platform solutions
✓ Self-motivated and independent, but also with a collaborative working style that creates a highly-integrated team environment
✓ Good writing skills, excellent oral and technical communication proficiency
✓ Analytical and solution-oriented mindset
✓ Fluency in English; German is an additional advantage
What we offer you:
• A responsible position with substantial personal development potential, working for one of Europe’s market leaders (with >200 employees) in operational Earth Observation, geo-information and Copernicus services
• An international and respectful project working environment in a multi-national team of committed colleagues
• A highly collaborative internal organisation, ensuring the provision of professional support by specialised inhouse technical and thematic experts, ICT and various other teams, allowing you to focus on your specific duties
• The opportunity to be part of a leading international Space industrial group (Telespazio) with professional collaboration schemes, joint development initiatives and the highest social and ethical standards
• Flexible working hours as part of our flexitime policy as well as partial mobile office option
• Various additional social benefits, such as (optional) company pension scheme, worldwide travel health insurance, occupational health management, free coffee (professional Italian espresso machine), and more
• An attractive location in the western part of central Munich, with excellent public transport links, and great options for outdoor and recreational activities in the direct vicinity
Have we aroused your curiosity about this position?
Then we would be delighted to receive an application from you, including a cover letter and CV together with any other useful supporting documents and stating your (gross) salary expectation and earliest possible starting date. Please send your application to email@example.com, stating „Senior Project Manager EO“ in the subject line.