Reminder that the deadline for submission of abstracts to the INSPIRE conference is 1 February 2010.
The INSPIRE Conference 2010, (http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/events/conferences/inspire_2010) will take place from 23 to 25 June 2010 in Krakow, Poland. On 22 June pre-conference workshops will be organised. The theme of this year’s edition is “INSPIRE as a Framework for Cooperation”.
The INSPIRE Conference will be organised through a series of plenary sessions addressing common policy issues, and parallel sessions focusing in particular on applications and implementations of SDIs, research issues and new and evolving technologies and applications and poster presentations.
Participation in the INSPIRE Conference is open to all individuals interested in or working in the field of SDI development and implementation. Abstracts must be received by the deadline will be considered for program placement under the standard review process.
Topics for which contributions are sought include, but are not limited to,
- INSPIRE Implementation: Legislative measures, coordination and organisational models
- INSPIRE and the global context: Global Monitoring for Environment and Security, Global Earth Observation System of Systems, United Nations SDI
- Thematic communities
- Licensing frameworks
- GeoPortals and registries
- Social and economic impacts
- Education and awareness raising
- Trans-national SDI projects (including EU (co-)funded projects)
- New policies, new requirements, new stakeholders
- New and Evolving tools and technologies
We are particularly interested in accounts of what works, and what does not work, what are perceived benefits for policy, public administration, citizens and the private sector. Proposals will be evaluated by the programme committee and those accepted will be included in the on-line conference proceedings.
Full details on how to submit an abstract can be found at: http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/events/conferences/inspire_2010/callforpapers.cfm