Space technology has been gaining more and more ground in our day-to-day life. Earth observation images sometimes turn into an irreplaceable source of independent and up-to-date information about the condition of an area. Satellite data is used to monitor fire situation, seasonal and flash floods, construction activities, forest management, environmental and navigation situation in water areas, etc.
A wide range of applications, as well as problems and prospects of the Earth remote sensing industry development will be discussed during the 5th International Conference “Earth from Space – the Most Effective Solutions” that is to take place on November 28 – December 1, 2011 in the Vatutinki recreation center of the RF President Administration, Moscow Region, Russia.
Within the frames of the conference, besides traditional issues of satellite data application, it is planned to discuss problems and prospects of interaction between military and civil, public and private sectors of the space imagery industry, of using satellite data by civil society, of an influence of satellite data on economic development and of the economy, in its turn, on the RS market.
Plenary sessions and poster presentations, workshops and round tables, master classes, exhibitions, WEB&GIS mini-conference and free consultations on legal issues of using RS data will witness the discussion of the following topics:
- Satellite imagery as a tool of an efficient modernization of Russian economy;
- Mission and goals of national policy within the satellite imagery industry;
- Problems and prospects of manufacturing satellites in XXI century;
- Public and private partnership in the industry: local and foreign experience;
- A unified supplier of satellite imagery data for governmental agencies – pros and cons;
- A geospatial component for the e-government system;
- Synergy of military and civil satellite-based imagery technologies;
- Using open-access satellite images and web-services in the interests of national security and defense;
- Restrictions imposed on application of highly detailed imagery data – a matter of national security or a wrench in the “economic works”?
- Influence of satellite data on economic development: investments in the RS industry – problems and prospects;
- Application of satellite imagery data in large industrial projects;
- Inter-departmental cooperation and interaction of large companies in sphere of space data application;
- Operational services for emergencies monitoring, control and response (fire situation, seasonal floods and flash floods, water areas);
- Drawing navigation maps based on space images
- Application of satellite data for solution of nature protection tasks;
- Integration of satellite data, GIS and Web technologies;
- Up-to-date issues of satellite-based methods application in higher education system;
- Satellite images processing tools and methods;
- Specifics of satellite data application for region management, from a federal district to local authorities;
“Earth from Space – the Most Effective Solutions” Conference is a biennial event. In 2009 over 500 representatives from 270 organizations and 27 countries took part in it.
Along with conference keynote events, an exhibition intended to illustrate the experience of practical application of satellite-based monitoring in different economic branches as a basis of economically efficiently operating systems in addition to new developments in Earth remote sensing is to be held as well.
Anyone interested may take part in this conference! Should you have any questions, please address them to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org