The AARSE 2016 conference is taking place in Kampala/ Uganda from 24 – 28 Oct. 2016. In particular, the day 3 of the conference will focuss on the role of the African private sector in EO and GI. Representatives from European and African EO services industry will discuss these issues together with representatives from the European Commission, EARSC, AARSE and GEO.
Schedule African Private Sector in EO and GI at AARSE 2016 Conference – Day 3, 26 Oct. 2016 (draft Agenda)
11:00 – 12:30 Plenary Session 3
- Survey on state and health of the African private sector in Earth Observation Presentation of Findings – Tsehaie Woldai, AARSE.
- The experience of the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies – Geoff Sawyer, Secretary general, EARSC
- Assessing the Readiness of Earth Observation from Space for sustainable implementation of AfriGEOSS
- GEO 2016-2025 Strategic Plan – Barbara Ryan, GEO
- Private sector Round Table Panel (African and European CEOs, AUC, EC, government representatives)
- Conclusions & way forward (special declaration on private sector in EO)
14:00 – 17:30 Special session: Business to Business Event (B2B)
Contact EARSC Secretariat for more information.