Starlab Limited ( Harwell, Didcot) vacancy:We are looking for a project manager with Remote Sensing background.
He/She will be based in Harwell Science, Innovation and Business Campus in Oxfordshire, in charge of several activities dedicated to the development of the R&D activities, especially in the Starlab Limited EO Applications department, as well as down-the-line project management activities.
- Cooperative and team player
- Open-minded and good communicator
- Well organized and with a can-do attitude
- Self motivated, reliable and responsible
- Able to handle tasks with a “multiscale” approach, adopting synoptic view and focusing on details at the same time
- MSc or PhD in Environamental or Telecommunications Engineering,
- Basic knowledge of Remote Sensing principles and data processing. Experience in Software Development (C, Idl, Matlab, Python, shell-scripts).
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Experienced in project management
- Experienced in proposal writing
- Knowledge of GNSS principles
- Knowledge of multi-spectral, high resolution optical remote sensing
- Knowledge of satellite altimetry principles
- Knowledge of SAR principles and interferometry
- Knowledge of Spanish
Starlab’s mission is to transform science into technologies with a profound positive impact on society. Our vision is to make science more useful, alive, vibrant, faster.
As market-oriented scientists, we believe that the potential for innovation is greater when we rethink the basics together with our clients. We build on scientific research and sound engineering to deliver disruptive solutions.
Our main areas of work lie in the Space and Neuroscience sectors, two key areas for the 21st century with on a common element: the increasing availability of streams of information. We provide technical solutions, products and services for governments, industry and downstream markets.
We are market-aware and market-driving: Space (technology and EO Services) and Neuroscience research will have great impact in and through several key markets, including environment, energy, health and space.
Our values are service, perseverance, entrepreneurship, scientific and engineering curiosity, quality and rigor. We provide a fun, challenging, interdisciplinary, cross-cultural work environment full of opportunities for personal and professional growth for our staff, and increasing value for our shareholders.
Starlab is a private company, founded in 2000. Starlab Ltd, the new company in UK, was founded in 2013.