Following the success of last year Award and with strong collaboration with the CopHub.AC project http://www.cophub-ac.eu/, EARSC is running the “partnership” competition recognising and rewarding outstanding collaboration in public-private partnerships for the Copernicus user-uptake. Specifically, Academia and Companies (in partnership) will be encouraged to submit a proposal for cooperation or present an already established collaboration achievement “from Research to Market”. The winner partnership will be recognized and promoted by EARSC. We are studying the possibility to Network and Showcase their partnership @ the EXPANDEO Exhibition (17-18 June, 2020 in Brussels).
Partnerships: ideally partnerships should include at least one academic European institution and at least one European company (entries open to Copernicus Academy and EO service companies, collaboration is an asset).
2) Value creation (business growth, new markets, export opportunities): evidence of value creation regarding a product or service with potential users. Demonstrated forward thinking cooperation bringing research product into operational procedures (i.e, validated methodology from research & innovation to commercialisation). Collaboration has potential for scaling up through the technology readiness levels (TRL), business growth, new markets, export opportunities or incorporating new concepts in the research/academy.
3) Sound sustainability plan: sustainability plan supporting the “must go beyond financial support” (i.e, validated sustainability approach aspects: technical, financial, legal, organizational, operational and scheduling)
4) Internal procedures of engagement: basis of evidence for successful partnership collaboration. For example, incorporating the case story into an organization’s planning (collaboration with private sector) and goal-setting processes (i.e, validated internal procedures of engagement, seek to extend partnerships, etc)
5) Outreach & marketing: emphasize the promotion to users/customers. i.e, For academia it will evaluate the contribution to the overall advancement of teaching and learning of EO concepts including EO application & services. For other partners such industry, validating how to present and communicate the case to final users (building the awareness case to market practices).
Examples of possible contributions include identifying ideas, providing leadership by, and exhibiting communicative enthusiasm between communities from Academia/industry in forging a path forward in an area which impacts R&I towards commercialization of Copernicus services.
The competition will run until end April 2020 during which time partnership candidates may adapt an existing partnership concept, develop a new one or simply promote one they have already exploited.
Partnership teams will be asked to provide a short summary (ideally the report should not exceed 2 full pages) which will be used as statement for the jury and they should apply as Title: [Partnership Award: Name] to info_at_earsc.org
Application & Timeline
Application will consist in aprox 2-4 pages providing information on the following criteria:
2) forward thinking cooperation
3) sound sustainability plan
4) internal procedures of engagement
5) awareness and outreach purposes.
Other information including graphics, testimonials, etc could also complement the application.
- Deadline entries: End April 2020
- Template Partnership Award 2020
- Selection: files will be judged to select the overall winner (May 2020). The Jury Partnership 2020 will be composed by CopHubAC academia and SME partners, ESA, EC and Industry experts.
- Announcement: EARSC cocktail & AGM 2020 (EXPANDEO, June 17-18, Brussels)