We are looking for a self-driven, results-oriented and highly motivated senior professional with relevant working experience for our multidisciplinary team to support the management and further development of Earth Observation / Copernicus project activities.
Depending on qualification, the following range of activities is envisaged to be taken over by the applicant:
- Coordination of projects / project tasks implementation in the Earth Observation / Copernicus domain in close cooperation with international partner companies and the customer(s)
- Technical and organisational interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams and production units
- Regular reporting of project results towards the customer by means of progress reports and technical deliverables
- Support in new acquisition of upcoming Earth Observation / Copernicus opportunities
- Customer care and opportunity development
- Ready to travel, also to international destinations
- MSc. degree (or equivalent) in geography, GIS, remote sensing, or similar
- More than 5 years relevant international working experience, including project management
- Proven track experience in remote sensing (optical/SAR), digital image processing/interpretation, GIS applications and cartography
- Excellent command of English
- Good command of at least one additional language (French, Spanish)
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Autonomous and self-responsible working as well as team working skills
The following additional skills are an advantage:
- Relevant experience in Copernicus Land Monitoring / Emergency Mgmt. / Security
- Working experience with ESA, EC, IFI’s e.g.World Bank
- Broad previous exposure to other Geo-information services
- Good command of German
- Experience in EO-based Product Validation / Thematic accuracy Assessment / geo-statistics
From earliest possible date. 2 years with an initial probation period of 6 months, extension likely.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I +49 (0) 89-121528-0
Further details: If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV to the email address mentioned above. Please use the keyword “Project Manager Earth Observation / Copernicus Services” in the header of your Email. The submitted personal data will be treated according to the data protection laws of Germany.