GAF AG is a globally operating company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than
200 highly qualifi ed employees we offer geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
For its headquarters in Munich GAF AG is looking for a highly motivated professional at the earliest possible date to support ongoing and future projects.
This is an opportunity for a Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics Expert (m/f/d)
In your area of responsibility, you handle technically challenging and diverse tasks in an international environment with emphasis on geoinformation solutions for agricultural administrations and agricultural insurance. Our company is characterized by technological independence, broad expertise, innovation and solidity. You will join a team of expertise striving in finding solutions to new challenging tasks for our customers worldwide.
• Professional and technical support of our geoinformation solutions in the agricultural sector
• Processing and analysis of optical and radar satellite data, e.g. Sentinel-1 and -2
• Method development and process documentation
• Implementation/adaption of modular process chains for thematic image analysis and for supporting automatic evaluation procedures
• Requirements analysis and writing concepts and reports
✓ You have a university degree in agriculture, forestry, environmental sciences, geography, geoinformatics or remote sensing
✓ You have sound methodological and application knowledge in processing optical and radar satellite data, preferably with a thematic focus on the agricultural sector
✓ You have practical experience in the analysis and processing of raster data in Python and/or R
✓ You have a very good command of English
✓ You are open to learn new methods and enjoy working in a team where you take responsibility for your tasks
✓ Knowledge of several software environments in the field of GIS / image processing (open source and standard GIS solutions)
✓ Knowledge in modelling (statistical models, machine learning) and time series analysis
✓ Experience in big data processing, e.g. in cloud environments
✓ Experience in writing reports for clients and/or funding bodies
✓ Knowledge of German
What to expect:
• Varied and responsible tasks in terms of content and technology
• Mentoring to ensure your solid and rapid integration into our company and in your area of responsibility
• A friendly and supportive working atmosphere in a team of committed colleagues
• A modern workplace conveniently located in the Munich West area
• Flexible working hours within the conditions of our flexitime scheme
• Foreign health insurance, direct insurance
• Local recreation and leisure facilities in close proximity
• Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee/tea, kicker
and much more …
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with
an indication of expected yearly gross salary and earliest possible entry date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the
keyword Remote Sensing/Geoinformatics Expert (m/f/d) in the header of your e-mail.
Contact: Olivia Deuter, email@example.com
Tel.: +49 (0) 89 12 15 28-0
Arnulfstraße 199 • 80634 München • http://www.gaf.de