GAF AG is a globally operating company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than
200 highly qualifi ed employees we offer geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
To support current and future projects in the exciting fi eld of satellite data processing in our Forestry Applications division at our headquarters in Munich we are looking for a Junior Expert (m/f/d) for Image Processing of Remote Sensing Data
• Application of internal applications and process chains for the processing and analysis of Copernicus data (Sentinel-2 & Senitnel-1) with regard to forestry
issues in the national and international context.
• Change mapping and derivation of forest parameters using common classification algorithms (e.g. RF,SVM, LightGBM).
• Reference data collection and validation of created products
• Support for pilot projects/feasibility studies and project applications
• Quality assurance of output products
✓ A university degree (Bachelor) in forestry, geosciences or environmental sciences
✓ Practical experience in the field of satellite image processing for forestry issues
✓ Safe handling of image processing software (e.g. ERDAS Imagine, PCI Geomatica)
✓ In-depth knowledge of at least one GIS software (e.g. ESRI ArcMap, QuantumGIS, Spring)
✓ Confi dent handling of the Microsoft Offi ce palette (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
✓ Ability to prepare and communicate technical and complex topics for different target groups
✓ An independent and responsible way of working
✓ Very good knowledge of German and English
✓ Strong team and communication skills
✓ Experience in console-based satellite image processing
✓ Knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python, R)
✓ Experience in handling large amounts satellite data
✓ Knowledge of another language (French, Spanish)
What to expect:
• A mentor from the forestry unit for your safe and quick entry into our company
• A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in a team of committed colleagues.
• Diverse and responsible tasks in terms of content
• Flexible working hours as part of our fl exitime arrangements
• A modern workplace in the conveniently located west of Munich
• Foreign health insurance, direct insurance
• Local recreation and leisure facilities in close proximity
• Fully equipped kitchen, free coffee/tea, table football
and much more…
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of expected yearly gross salary and earliest possible entry date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the keyword Junior Expert (m/f/d) Image Processing of Remote Sensing Data Forestry in the header of your e-mail.
Contact: Olivia Deuter: email@example.com
Tel.: +49 (0) 89 12 15 28-0
Arnulfstraße 199 • 80634 München • http://www.gaf.de