The European Commission and its partners are delighted to invite you to the 2014 European Space Solutions conference which will take place in Prague from 11-13 June at the Prague Congress Centre.
European Space Solutions will bring together business and the public-sector with users and developers of space-based solutions to explore how space can make a difference to the lives, and livelihoods, of people across Europe and around the globe. Space-based services and technologies are the future of efficient, effective and sustainable services that society needs.
European Space Solutions 2014 will feature:
OPENING PLENARY SESSION (Wednesday, 11 June 2014, 14:00 – 18:00)
This high level Plenary Session will bring together leaders from government and industry to discuss how space-powered solutions can be harnessed for business and society as a whole.
Speakers invited include:
- Bohuslav Sobotka, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Antonín Prachar, Minister of Transport, of the Czech Republic
- Antonio Tajani, Vice-President of the European Commission, responsible for Industry and Entrepreneurship
- Carlo des Dorides, Executive Director, European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- Angelika Niebler, Member of the European Parliament
- Paul Weissenberg, Deputy Director General, Directorate-General for Enterprise & Industry, European Commission
- Didier Faivre, Director of the Galileo Programme and Navigation Related Activities, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Barbara Ryan, Secretariat Director of the intergovernmental Group on Earth Observations (GEO)
Plus a roundtable of business leaders from Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Africa discuss the added value that space-powered applications bring their businesses, future opportunities and challenges and how Galileo/EGNOS and Copernicus can benefit the entire value chain.
4 USER-LED, SECTOR-SPECIFIC SEMINARS featuring the latest trends and technologies (Thursday, 12 June, 09:00 – 18:00 and Friday, 13 June, 09:00 – 13:00). Detailed Session programmes now online. Please click on Session to learn more.
- Space Solutions for Sustainable Transport
(featuring separate sessions for Aviation, Maritime Transport, Rail and Road)
- Space Solutions for Sustainable Land Management
(featuring separate sessions for Agriculture, Ecosystems and Spatial Planning)
- Space Solutions for Emergency Response and Disaster Management
(covering Copernicus Emergency Management Service, critical infrastructure and distress alert systems)
- Space Solutions for Consumer Applications
(covering Location-Based Services (LBS) and Earth Observation-based applications)
DEDICATED SIDE EVENTS
- Business Match-making: pre-schedule one2one meetings online or via mobile app!
The European Space Solutions provides an excellent opportunity for individual meetings and business matching with other conference participants. In order to facilitate meetings with like-minded participants and relevant business partners, the networking tool meethub has been set up.
- Going Forward S2G2M2 coaching workshop
(Thursday, 12 June 2014, 9:00 – 12:45) At the European Space Solutions conference, the EU funded project S2G2M2 will connect technology-focused companies and innovators with various knowledge and business support providers. The “Going Forward” workshop is directed towards innovative mobile service providers and aims to provide a forum for sharing experiences.
SPACE SOLUTIONS FOR SPORT! (Thursday, 12 June, 18:30 – 21:00)
On the occasion of the opening match of the 2014 World Cup,this event will highlight innovative space applications that support, enhance and increase the safety of sport and leisure activities. The evening will also feature the Official Conference Reception of European Space Solutions.