RHEA is currently recruiting an Earth Observation Application Support Engineer to support the Head of the ESA Climate Office at our client’s premises in Harwell.
Job posted on 13/06/2014
Country United Kingdom
Contract type Permanent
Start date within a month
Tasks and Activities
Your primary tasks and activities may include:
• Leading the management of activities related to climate data/information quality assurance in relation to the climate data products, standards, algorithm validation and long term preservation.
• Defining CCI Data Access needs, both FCDRs and ECVs, in terms of Services Coordinated Interface, Core-Infrastructure, Analysis and Reporting, and Quality Control.
• Analysing, defining, initiating and managing industrial activities, associated to the Distribution of the Earth Observation data from the GMECV programme and the Climate Scientific User Community.
• Acquiring, archiving, documenting and making available in CMIP5 CCI products. This includes maintaining both the standards and protocols, file-naming conventions, data formats etc already agreed between the CCI teams and the development of CF-satellite conventions.
• Defining and developing the CCI Data Portal, a dedicated web portal set-up to provide a single point of access for all CCI data products.
• Defining and developing the CCI Tool Box, incorporating generic functions applicable to all ECV data products will be implemented, in order to simplify analysis of multiple ECVs in parallel.
• Supporting development of climate services, especially international and intergovernmental public sector markets, including climate data visualisation.
Skills and Experience
You must possess the following skills and experience:
• University degree or equivalent qualification in physics, engineering or a relevant Earth sciences discipline.
• At least 4 years of professional experience on product definition, archiving and distribution, algorithm development, quality assessment and exploitation of Earth Observation data, particularly ESA missions.
• Established profile of dialoguing the with EO research communities in disciplines relevant for climate.
• Strongly self-motivated, results-oriented, possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and be able to work effectively within ESA teams and in international cooperation.
• Good knowledge of one of these two languages is required.
• Knowledge of another member state language is an asset.
• Fluent in the English language (spoken and written); knowledge of other languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 03/07/14.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Web Page http://www.rheagroup.com/
Company: RHEA Group
Contact name: Tristan Laurent
Address: Avenue Pasteur 23, Wavre, Belgium, BE 1300
Phone: +32 10 487 250
Fax: +32 10 452 507
Web Page: http://www.rheagroup.com/