This workshop follows on from the first event held in Brussels on 26 September 2014 and entitled “Engaging the Private Sector in GEOSS – A European Perspective”
This second workshop will take place in the context of the recent developments within the Group on Earth Observations (GEO), in particular the renewing of the initiative for a further decade (2016-2025), during which a stronger collaboration with the commercial sector will be sought.
This workshop will be forward looking. It will take stock of new ideas and business models supporting EO products and services of the future. It will also examine the necessary framework conditions and identify any relevant innovation deals to be addressed. Indicative topics to be addressed include:
- Topic 1: Exploring EO products and services of the future
- Topic 2: Reviewing the necessary R&I conditions for the development of the European Earth observation market
- Topic 3: Assessing rationale and way forward towards the establishment of a structured consultation mechanism between the European commercial sector and GEO.
This workshop builds on a series of events on EO related business held in Europe since 2014, including:
- the 1st DG RTD workshop on Engaging the Private Sector in GEO – A European Perspective, Brussels, 26 September 2014;
- the Copernicus value chain workshop, Brussels, 26-27 April 2016;
- the European Geospatial Business Summit, Rotterdam, 23-26 May 2016
The workshop will be a unique moment for companies attending to:
- Take advantage of opportunities for networking,
- Develop new business opportunities,
- Promote their capabilities to others,
- Learn about R&D and state of the art.
The workshop will last two full days. It will start on 21st September in the morning (with registration opening at 08:30 AM) and will be adjourned on 22nd September at 05:00 pm. The participation at the workshop of commercial actors, research organisations, and users interested in accessing and developing geospatial/Earth observation services and products is particularly welcome.
Registration for participants and speakers is now open at the DG RTD website REGISTRATION where you can find preliminary information and a draft agenda for the workshop as well as some background information.
In the registration form you will find the possibility to request a time slot to present relevant activities, results and future plans related to the topics covered by the workshop in one of the six break-out sessions detailed on the website. A limited number of requests to speak at the plenary sessions may also be considered.
We would therefore kindly ask you to express your interest to contribute with an oral presentation by 20th July 2016.
We will study all the proposals and will try to accommodate your request in the programme taking into consideration the relevance of the topic of your contribution to the session requested and the slots available. Therefore, you will receive a confirmation of the accepted nature of your contribution after 20th July.
Please note however that registration for attendees-only will close later, on 07 September 2016.
Further details of the venue and logistic information such as a list of hotels near the facilities of the workshop will be provided in the weeks to come.
We would kindly ask you as well to distribute this mail among your networks and encourage them to participate.
Should you have any questions, please contact Edita Kuzmova (Edita.KUZMOVA@ec.europa.eu)