The COVID-19 pandemic has heavily impacted the way millions of citizens live and work, in Europe and beyond. The European Commission has not been spared, with roughly 30,000 officials forced to work from home since March 16. On April 16, 2020 at 16:00-16:45, EARSC (the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies) organised an informative webinar on how the European Commission continues to work on the development of Copernicus and EuroGEO. Top European Commission, space Officials gave an on what’s next for their key programmes.
Were discussed in this EOcafe:
• How the daily activities have been impacted by COVID?
• Have the current priorities been shifted?
• Are there any future events online or physical which are being planned?
• How can EC support the sector during this crisis?
• What the industry can do to help EC actions?
Our host, Geoff Sawyer, EARSC’s Secretary General will exchange with three special Guests:
• Mauro FACCHINI, Head of Unit, Earth Observation, DG – Defence Industry and Space, European Commission
• Astrid KOCH, Senior Expert, International relations & Communications, DG – Defence Industry and Space, European Commission
• Jean DUSART, Policy Officer, Climate & Planetary Boundaries, Environmental Observations Sector, DG- Research and Innovation, European Commission
EOcafe is part of a series of EARSC meetings that offer timely, relevant and practical information on a broad variety of topics related to the EO sector.