In recognition of our 25th anniversary, EARSC is pleased to announce an industry award recognising the company considered to have made the most significant contribution to the development of the EO sector in Europe. The winner will be presented with a commemorative award at the EARSC 25th Anniversary event on 25th June in Brussels with publicity being given to their achievement.
Nominations for the award will be made by EARSC members and selection of the winner will be made by an international, independent jury comprised of recognised experts. The criteria used for the selection of the winning company will be:
- Has successfully developed EO services for a new market (sector or geographic),
- Has made a strong contribution to a defining European project (eg. Copernicus, Inspire, ESA GSE
- Has exhibited good revenue and/or employment growth over a period of at least 5 years.
All EARSC members are invited to nominate companies for the award; you may (are encouraged to) nominate themselves but you must also nominate another company ie make 2 nominations. Each nomination MAY be accompanied by a single-sentence “We nominate xyz because……….”, which may be used to inform companies casting their vote. All companies nominated will then go into a vote by all EARSC members so that the finalists for the award will have been selected by their peers. This step will demonstrate that the finalists are all respected by their partners and competitors.
The top five companies voted by the members will then be asked to provide a short justification against each of the 3 criteria described above as to why they should be considered for the EARSC European EO Services Company award. The 5 files will be judged by the jury to select the overall winner.
- Nominations must be received by noon on Thursday 15th May.
- On 16th May, a second mail will be sent to companies with a list of all those which have been validly nominated and inviting each company to vote for 2 from the list. All votes will remain confidential to the EARSC secretariat. The deadline for voting will be Sunday 25th May.
- On Monday 26th May, a mail will be sent to the 5 finalists, informing them of their nomination by their peers and asking them to provide the short justification on which the jury will base their decision. Two weeks will be allowed for them to respond; a deadline of Sunday 8th June.
- The information pack containing the justifications will be sent to the jury on 9th June allowing adequate time to judge and select a winner by 25th June.
- The award will be presented to the winning company before a distinguished audience of industrialists and institutional stakeholders on the 25th June at the EARSC 25th anniversary event in Brussels.
More information at secretrariat_at_earsc.org
Company award – description