CybELE is a start-up company that integrates remote sensing technology and earth observation
data with the legal environment to address a problem of environmental criminality. We combine all
available geospatial information together with legal context to generate detailed environmental
criminal activity report that can be used at court.
We are the winner of the Copernicus Masters 2018 Awards, expect a dynamic growth and are
expanding our team. Are you interested in our project? Are you experienced in developing web-based
GIS applications? Do you want to work in a challenging and high paced environment? This may be the
right position for you.
Position: GIS Software Engineer/Developer Freelance
Location: Lisbon & Remote – Travels to meetings on some periods.
- Experience in developing web-based GIS applications using open source technology
- Experience with the design and implementation of web service interfaces e.g. based on REST
- experience with SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL / PostGIS)
- Some experience with cloud computing and scalable applications (AWS, AZURE, OpenStack …)
- Experience with OpenLayers, MapServer, GeoServer or other backend open source platforms
- Knowledge of OGC standards like WMS, WMTS, WFS, WCS etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to learn and understand a broader context of given tasks
- English communication skills
- To participate in the development of the web-based platform, that will integrate EO data, analytical
tools, and legal information
- To design and develop interactive user interfaces
- To do the backend development
- To integrate the application with other platforms and databases
- To test, maintain and support the application
- To coordinate with other software engineers, EO specialists, and business developers to understand
and implement client requirements
If you are interested and have a fairly good understanding of our requirements, please send us your
CV and motivation letter by email at email@example.com