TOULOUSE, France – April 25, 2013 – Astrium Services today announced a webinar series dedicated to helping organizations understand the important new opportunities available through cloud-based geospatial data management services. The free series – ‘Geospatial Data in the Cloud’ – will illustrate the technical, cost, and performance benefits for organizations that shift their data hosting, processing, and other management activities to a Cloud architecture.
Slated to launch this May, each webinar will focus on the many ways organizations can leverage cloud-based geospatial data management to improve their operating performance, including:
- Single Point Access – Learn how the Cloud dramatically simplifies the process of integrating geospatial business intelligence into existing organizational workflows.
- Managed Hosting – Discover how the Cloud enables organizations to reduce staffing and technology commitments while simultaneously improving performance through access to the very latest in multi-resolution, multispectral satellite imagery.
- Instant Tasking – Learn how 24/7 Cloud access for the first time makes instant satellite tasking for time-sensitive or emergency-response professionals a critical new option.
- Data Streaming – See how Cloud technology makes ‘anywhere, anytime’ streaming of geospatial data a vital new tool for those who depend on geospatial business intelligence.
- Geo-Processing – Discover how the Cloud can make your geo-processing processes faster and more efficient, regardless of whether you’re employing industry standard or custom protocols and algorithms.
Sign up today for one or all of these webinars and let us show you everything that is possible in the Cloud.
May 16: An Introduction to Astrium Cloud Services
July 18: Instant Satellite Tasking and Image Acquisition
September 12: Single Point Access and Custom-Branded Cloud Services
November 14: Data Streaming and Geo-Processing
Click here to register: http://www.astrium-geo.com/cloud/webinars/, and for more information, visit us on the Web at www.astrium-geo.com/cloud.
Through its GEO-Information business, Astrium Services is recognized as one of the leaders in the geo-spatial information market, not least thanks to the now fully integrated skills and resources of the former Spot Image and Infoterra. The company provides decision-makers with complete solutions enabling them to increase security, boost agricultural performance, maximize oil & gas or mining operations, improve their management of natural resources, and protect the environment. It has exclusive access to data from the SPOT, TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and Pléiades satellites, coupled with a complete range of space-based data sources and airborne acquisition capability allowing it to offer an unrivalled scope of Earth observation products and services. This extensive portfolio covers the entire geo-information supply chain, from the generation of images to the provision of high added-value information to end-users.
By leveraging the synergies and expertise available across the whole of Astrium Services, its GEO-Information teams develop innovative, yet competitive, custom-made solutions based on the combination and integration of Earth observation, navigation and high-end telecommunications.