In 2017, the conference SATELLITE RUSSIA & CIS will be timed to coincide with two important dates in world history: the 60th anniversary of putting the first artificial Earth satellite into orbit, and the 50th anniversary of launching the first satellite communications network in the USSR (Orbita). The first sputnik in the world was launched by the USSR on 4 October 1957. Its code name was PS-1 (Simple Satellite). The first satellite network in Russia and the USSR called Orbita started its operation on 2 November 1967. It was established to broadcast the first TV program from Moscow to 20 Russian cities and towns in Siberia, in the Russian Far East and Central Asia, raising the number of Central TV viewers by 20 million people.
The Conference is a unique and well-established show in Russia & CIS and annually unites over 200 top-managers of the Russian and international satellite community. For more information please visit the conference website: “http://www.comnews-conferences.ru/en/conference/Satellite2017”
Key topics of SATELLITE RUSSIA & CIS 2017:
- Overview of satellite services market in Russia, Europe and the world
- Satellite communication networks in the era of the new industrial revolution (Industry 4.0)
- Practical coexistence and cooperation of national and international players in the Russian market
- Joint manufacturing of space equipment in Russia: aspects of partners’ teamwork
- National production of spacecrafts, carrier rockets and related devices/components/modules
- Development of VSAT market and new opportunities for satellite broadband
- Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite broadcasting: on the way to Ultra HD 4K and 8K
- Funding for space programs: loans, insurance, legal issues
- Satellite communications for socially and politically important regions of Russia
- Internetworking of mobile satellite networks and landline cellular networks
- Private investment into space: low Earth orbit satellite communication systems, new launch vehicles * Practical application of Earth remote sensing systems and geo-information systems in Russia
The conference SATELLITE RUSSIA & CIS 2017 will be joined by regulatory authorities, CEOs of the Russian and foreign satellite operators, television and radio companies, broadcast network operators, satellite and space equipment manufacturers, launch service providers, financial and insurance companies, consultants, industry-specialized and business journalists, as well as corporate customers using satellite communication services.