The Secretary General responsibilities will include:
• Promote EARSC activities and image
• Represent EARSC under BoD mandate before European, National and International Institutions and in particular; the European Commission (EC), the European Parliament, the European Space Agency (ESA), the United Nations, the ESA national Delegations etc
• Organise EARSC events, workshops, etc.
• Coordinate the activities of the Association Working Groups
• Reporting to the Board of Directors (BoD)
• Organise meetings and keep official filing of Minutes of Meeting and other official documents; i.e, BoD
• Keep official filing of EARSC legal documents
• Ensure EARSC compliance with legal obligations (AGM, VAT, accounting, etc.)
Competencies and Skills:
• Network in GMES and EO institutional community
• Capable of working independently to meet the organization objectives
• Excellent communications skills, both written and orally, in English. Any other European language is a plus.
• The applicant must have more than ten years experience in the remote sensing business as well as in Earth Observation international programs. Moreover a very good knowledge of the European Union and European Space Agency policies and programs is desired.
• The daily working place will be the EARSC Brussels Office
• This is a full time position, although in exceptional circumstances a part time option may be possible
Deadline for expression of interest is June 15th, 2008
Applications (including letter of interest and CV) must be sent to:
Email Ref: [Secretary General Applications 2008]
Att. Mrs. Monica MIGUEL-LAGO
EARSC Executive Secretary