Airbus Defence and Space, Head of Sales, EMEA and LatAm Business Cluster Intelligence. Communications, Intelligence & Security and Co-Opted Director
- As an MSc graduate from the Wageningen University, Rob Postma has been actively working with GIS and Earth Observation for more than 20 years.
- He has worked with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs rolling out GIS based program for an international development program in Africa
- He worked for the FAO of United Nations when they started to roll out the Land Use and Land Cover Change Classification program based on earth observation data.
- He was involved in European projects like Corine working for a GIS SME based in Belgium.
- With the first availability of Commercial Very High Resolution satellite imagery from 2000 onwards, Rob took up the responsibility to promote and roll out of the commercial and institutional use of this new data in Europe.
- Starting in 2009 as the Sales Director of Spot Image responsible for the commercial launch of the Pléiades imagery, he is now Head of Sales EMEA and Latin America at Business Cluster Intelligence for Airbus Defence and Space.